Saturday, November 20, 2010

Farewell cake for Ratna

Wow, it has been awhile! And I had actually told myself to update regularly!heehee..;p Newae, it was a friend's last day at work so my co-teacher and myself decided to create a "naughty" cake for her. We found out on Thursday and Friday was her last day so I didn't bake the cake as we did not have enough time. Since it was an "emergency", we just bought 2 chocolate pound cake, carved and crumb-coated it with buttercream icing (which I had prepared at home) before covering it with fondant. It was a challenge coz we were also having our class party and had to multi-task from creating a cake, conducting games, preparing the food, packing the goody bags and cleaning up! We had a few heart attacks when a few potential cake-smashers came near to the cake but all that's well will end well..=)


We managed to finish up the cake just 5 minutes before the bell rang..hur hur hur..so here goessss...our cake collaboration!!

I had stacked 2 chocolate pound cakes with buttercream in between, mixed some cocoa to the buttercream and crumb-coated the cake before adding the pink fondant, the white lace & borders and audrey did the purple roses

The purple roses that Audrey did..I think she is a fast learner. I had only taught her how to make the roses once and she is already able to make them sooo nicely! ^_^

We did not have much time left so that explains the rough finish of the buttercream and we just managed to roll some fondant to form Ratna's name and our initials.

No comments:

Post a Comment