Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fried Rice with Enoki Mushrooms


This is a dish I often cook as it is very flexible and I can change the ingredients accordingly, depending on my mood! hehehe..This time round, I had some Enoki mushrooms in my fridge and I was feeling kinda lazy to cook anything that requires me to get my blender out. Here is a close-up shot:


The Enoki mushrooms look like beansprouts, don't they?=) But much nicer to eat! Heh! If you haven't noticed, I do not have vegetables in my dishes. So feel free to add in any vege of your choice if you are trying out these dishes! What goes well with this fried rice recipe will be green leafy vegetables or carrots.

Recipe (serves 1)

1. 1 cup of cooked rice (you can reduce or increase the amount accordingly)
2. 3 tablespoons of vegetable or Canolla oil
3. 2 red chillies (sliced)
4. 1 pack of Enoki Mushrooms (I think it's 200g)
5. 1 egg
6. 2 teaspoons of fish sauce (optional)
7. 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce

Method

1. Heat up the oil
2. Stir in the chillies for 3 minutes
3. Add the mushrooms and mix well
4. Add the rice and mix again
5. Make a small well in the middle of the wok/pan and then break in the egg
6. Wait for about 3-4 minutes before mixing the egg with the rest of the ingredients
(You can add in the vegetables at this point of time before adding the sauces)
7. Add in oyster sauce and the fish sauce
8. Fry for another 4 minutes before serving

***I made the well at the centre as I do not like the egg to mix with my rice and make it yellow. You can beat the egg and stir together with the rice if you wish.=) It's just that I prefer my colours not to mix..heheheh..

***Beat the egg into a small bowl first before putting it into the wok/pan in case you get a rotten egg and you wouldn't want to spoil the dish that you have in the wok/pan

No comments:

Post a Comment